Custom tuning for S58 is available for pump gas, race gas, full E85 and E85 blends. Results will vary depending on the fuel used and the weigh/traction of your particular S58 model.
****NEW CustomROM Features Available Now! Our first release of the bootmod3 CustomROM is now ready for the S58 engine vehicles.
Is my S58 DME CustomROM ready?
- Can I get this if my DME is currently LOCKED and requires a FEMTO Unlock?
- Can I get this if my DME is Femto UNLOCKED?
- Can I get this if my DME is OBD or Bench unlocked (older X3M/X4M)?
All new CustomROM tunes come with our fixed OTS Rolling Anti-Lag (13-14psi) at no charge. Fully customizable Anti-Lag is an available option for $200 and includes various tunable settings and safeties such as Anti-Lag Boost, AFR, min Accel Pedal required, Max. Time in Anti-lag mode, Engine Speed, Min and Max Temperature thresholds for Oil, Exhaust Gas Temps and others. **note all Map Switching slots 1-4 share the same Anti-Lag settings.
For instructions on how to use the Anti-Lag functionality please visit this link:
This is what to expect from Map Switching: Initially you’ll buy a new CustomROM tune from us, Paul and his team will work to dial the tune in on the mods and fuel type you choose. Next, you’ll have 3 additional optional slots, sold separately, to have variations of this map.
Some examples of great uses for map switching are to have street or drag map variation with torque by gear limitations for different tires or road surfaces, a kill map with higher boost/timing to be used on occasion, a daily map with reduced boost, valet, or flames map, etc.
A Flex Fuel tune will start off as a low ethanol pump gas or race gas tune and then dynamically adjust boost, timing, AFR, and fuel supply depending on how much ethanol content is added to the fuel tank. To allow for Flex Fuel tuning, an Ethanol (alcohol) fuel sensor and an Ethanol Content Analyzer (ECA) CANBus device need to be connected to the vehicle’s PT-CAN. To use Port Injection with a Flex Fuel tune, we recommend a PI controller such as the Motiv Reflex which adjusts the port injection output based on the ethanol content from the sensor.
**S58s require upgraded fuel system components that are sufficient to support the ethanol % that you intend to use with your Flex Fuel tune. (I.E. upgraded HPFP, LPFP, Port Injection, and or Methanol Injection).
To read about these new CustomROM features available on the S58 engine refer to document below:
Some of the available map features :
- Top speed limiter removal
- Exhaust flap adjustments
- Cold start (cat heating on startup) removal for quieter cold start
- Cat efficiency check (CEL) removal for de-cat downpipes (for off-road use)
- Maps for upgraded turbos
- E85, Ethanol blends, race gas and meth injection tuning
- Custom Pedal Mapping
- Linear torque curve maps
- Traction management by rpm/gear
- Road course, 1/4mi Drag, and 1/2mi specific tuning.
- Backend Flash maps for use with piggybacks
- Custom burbles with greater aggression/adjustment range than OTS maps.
- Gunshots/flames tuning (requires full decat)
- Customized i-Drive sport gauges
Our custom tunes require the remote tuning platform Bootmod3 by Pro Tuning Freaks. BM3 licenses can be purchased https://www.protuningfreaks.com/
Once you have purchased a custom tune from us and have activated your BM3 license you will need to request a custom tune within the BM3 app. Here's how:
Within the Bootmod3 app you will go to your "My Maps" screen and click the button at the top "Request Custom", then choose "Paul Johnson Tunes". In the description/comments list your mods, fuel(tested eth% etc), and goals for the tune.
Once we receive your payment and your BM3 tune request Paul will prepare the base map for you to flash.
Once the base map is flashed to the vehicle you will datalog the car. Paul will review the logs and make the necessary revisions to the tune based on the logs.
BOOTMOD3 by Pro Tuning Freaks is the world's First custom flash tuning platform for the BMW F and G series vehicles.
Cloud based solution with a web based interface for use with a laptop or with our mobile apps built for iOS and Android!
Developed and tested in-house from the ground up since its debut in November 2016 with new features and updates being added regularly makes the bootmod3 platform a custom BMW factory DME tuning solution like no other on the market since.
Build the ultimate tune for your S58 engine powered vehicle and go from stock to full race calibration, and everywhere in between, with a map switch in the provided mobile app. bootmod3 calibrates the factory vehicle modules over the OBD port in a matter of minutes in the convenience of your driveway or anywhere internet access is available.
bootmod3 app and cloud services offer many unique features not found in any other flash tune including and available TODAY:
- Mobile app (iOS and Android) and Web (http://www.bootmod3.net) including Windows and macOS support
- Datalogging hundreds of diagnostic channels, up to 40 channels concurrently
- Datalog sharing and charting without a need to upload to 3rd party websites or apps using the mobile app or web browser
- Cloud based storage for map data and datalogs
- Reverting back to stock performance map and re-locking the DME to stock programming
- Live Dash - realtime vehicle parameter monitoring via in-app gauges
- Read and clear trouble codes in all vehicle modules
- Reset learned adaptations (octane, knock, Valvetronic, etc)
- ECU power reset
*** OBD ENET cable required, available separately (Amazon $20)
*** bootmod3 OBD WiFi Agent device is not required to use the bootmod3 platform. It is a convenience option that removes the need for using a laptop in the car when using bootmod3's features. If you're looking to simply load a tune on the car without much datalogging and monitoring then using your laptop is the ticket for you.
*** DME removal from the engine bay is NOT REQUIRED
VEHICLE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY AND EMISSIONS DISCLAIMER
Some items used and/or installed by PRO TUNING FREAKS may void portions of your vehicle’s factory warranty. Some items may not be legal for “on highway use”. PRO TUNING FREAKS makes no guarantees to the legality of any parts used for “on highway vehicles” and accepts no responsibility for compliance with the vehicle’s factory warranty.