Custom tuning for B58 Gen 1 is available for pump gas, race gas, full E85 and E85 blends, and methanol injection. Results will vary depending on hardware modifications, the fuel used, and the weigh/traction of your particular B58 model.
While full E85 tuning is possible on the B58’s stock fuel system, we have found that an E50 blend produces the best overall results because it allows for more boost while still retaining good ignition timing. With E50 on stock turbo you can expect 470+whp on an average reading Dynojet in good ambient conditions. For best full E85 results we recommend adding methanol or port injection.
The A90 Supra HPFP is a great bolt on upgrade that will allow for even better performance with e50 or greater ethanol blends. The Dorch Stage 2 HPFP will allow for great full E85 performance. Another great way to supplement the stock fuel system is with methanol injection. 500+whp can be expected with e85 + meth on an otherwise stock B58.
- 93 Octane Pump Gas - 415+whp
- 93 Octane Pump Gas + Meth - 460+whp
- E50 - 475+whp
- E50 with upgraded HPFP - 490+whp
- E85 + meth - 510+whp
To take full advantage of the potential of the higher flowing turbos on E85, auxiliary fueling is required. We recommend Methanol injection with an upgraded HPFP or Port Injection (upgraded HPFP recommended).
Some of the available map features :
- Top speed limiter removal
- Exhaust flap adjustments
- Cold start (cat heating on startup) removal for quieter cold start
- Cat efficiency check (CEL) removal for de-cat downpipes (for off-road use)
- Maps for upgraded turbos
- E85, Ethanol blends, race gas and meth injection tuning
- Custom Pedal Mapping
- Linear torque curve maps
- Traction management by rpm/gear
- Road course, 1/4mi Drag, and 1/2mi specific tuning.
- Backend Flash maps for use with piggybacks
- Custom burbles with greater aggression/adjustment range than OTS maps.
- Gunshots/flames tuning (requires full decat)
- Customized i-Drive sport gauges
Our custom tunes require the remote tuning platform Bootmod3 by Pro Tuning Freaks. BM3 licenses can be purchased here https://www.protuningfreaks.com/
Once you have purchased a custom tune from us and have activated your BM3 license you will need to request a custom tune within the BM3 app. Here's how:
Within the Bootmod3 app you will go to your "My Maps" screen and click the button at the top "Request Custom", then choose "Paul Johnson Tunes". In the description/comments list your mods, fuel(tested eth% etc), and goals for the tune.
Once we receive your payment and your BM3 tune request Paul will prepare the base map for you to flash.
Once the base map is flashed to the vehicle you will datalog the car. Paul will review the logs and make the necessary revisions to the tune based on the logs.
BOOTMOD3 by Pro Tuning Freaks is the world's First custom flash tuning platform for the BMW F and G series vehicles.
Cloud based solution with a web based interface for use with a laptop or with our mobile apps built for iOS and Android!
Developed and tested in-house from the ground up since its debut in November 2016 with new features and updates being added regularly makes the bootmod3 platform a custom BMW factory DME tuning solution like no other on the market since.
Build the ultimate tune for your B58 engine powered vehicle and go from stock to full race calibration, and everywhere in between, with a map switch in the provided mobile app. bootmod3 calibrates the factory vehicle modules over the OBD port in a matter of minutes in the convenience of your driveway or anywhere internet access is available.
bootmod3 app and cloud services offer many unique features not found in any other flash tune including and available TODAY:
- Mobile app (iOS and Android) and Web (http://www.bootmod3.net) including Windows and macOS support
- Datalogging hundreds of diagnostic channels, up to 40 channels concurrently
- Datalog sharing and charting without a need to upload to 3rd party websites or apps using the mobile app or web browser
- Cloud based storage for map data and datalogs
- Reverting back to stock performance map and re-locking the DME to stock programming
- Live Dash - realtime vehicle parameter monitoring via in-app gauges
- Read and clear trouble codes in all vehicle modules
- Reset learned adaptations (octane, knock, Valvetronic, etc)
- ECU power reset
B58 engine BMW Vehicles supported (if your B58 vehicle is not listed please inquire with email@example.com):
- 2016–present F32/F33 440i
- 2016–present F30/F31/F34 340i
- 2016–present F20/F21 M140i
- 2016–present F22/F23 M240i
- 2016-present F32/F33/F36 440i
- 2017–present G30/G31 540i
- 2016–present G11 740i/Li
- 2017–present G32 640i
- 2017-present G01 X3 M40i
- 2018-present G02 X4 M40i
- 2017-present G30/G31 540i
- 2018-present G14/G15/G16 840i
For more info on BM3 take a look at the FAQ here!
*** OBD ENET cable required, available separately (Amazon $20)
*** bootmod3 OBD WiFi Agent device is not required to use the bootmod3 platform. It is a convenience option that removes the need for using a laptop in the car when using bootmod3's features. If you're looking to simply load a tune on the car without much datalogging and monitoring then using your laptop is the ticket for you.
*** DME removal from the engine bay is NOT REQUIRED
VEHICLE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY AND EMISSIONS DISCLAIMER
Some items used and/or installed by PRO TUNING FREAKS may void portions of your vehicle’s factory warranty. Some items may not be legal for “on highway use”. PRO TUNING FREAKS makes no guarantees to the legality of any parts used for “on highway vehicles” and accepts no responsibility for compliance with the vehicle’s factory warranty.